2.28.2006

Mardi Gras

Marriage is all about compromise. Last night I wanted to hit up Two Boots for Mardi Gras. Sofia snubbed my suggestion and said she would rather get a couple beers and go home to watch Gilmore Girls.

Oh great, nothing says New Orleans Party Time like Gilmore girls.

In the end I agreed, but only if I could pick the beer.










I wanted to get some Dixie Beer, which they have at Two Boots, but could only find Lone Star. I figured this was close enough. When Sofia saw me with the Lone Star she was not happy. But I told her "If we are staying in, this is what we are getting." And she consented.

See compromise. That's how it works folks.

Gilmore Girls was pretty good. Jole from Brian Jonestown Massacre was on the show again. They even played a Sonic Youth song from the Dirty album. If I was to see one Gilmore Girls, this was the one. Thanks Sofia.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weak!! stay in to watch Gilmore Girls (what the f@%k show is that anyway) and you still got flack for a beer choice. Tell big shot, NYU-employed, Sofia to check her tone.

Anonymous said...

Lone Star beer is a choice of champions for sure. Not to bad of choice in my opinion Aaron. Samuel Jackson would even give you props. for tha selection.HA!-cody-

Anonymous said...

ahhh. i miss dixie beer. whenever i think of new orleans i reflect on some of the greatest lines ever: "you know what i'm sayin, you know what i'm sayin?" "yes ryan, I GOT WHAT YOU'RE SAYING", "BUTTA SMOOTH" and of course, "down with the patriarch"