2.21.2006

Perfect Day














Monday, another beautiful Brooklyn day, just look.



























The sun was so bright, my new white Rowley's were literally blinding.















One thing Brooklyn is known for (I think) is its many churches. From our rooftop you can look out across the hills of Brooklyn and see dozens of steeples. Until recently these steeples were the highest structures in all of Brooklyn. These are just two of the many you can see along 7th Ave.














I had Monday off and we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art. In honor of President's Day I present you with Washington Crossing the Delaware by Emanuel Leutze. This is the first time I've seen it in person and I never realized it was this big. Although, Sofia and I agree, the room it is in is much too small.














This is for Tere.














Bloody Lobsterbacks!














The perfect day was only ruined by the fact that we had to work at the Food Co-op later that night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A fitting Presidents' Day remembrance. I, on the other hand, rolled out of bed around 1:00 pm, went running, and then hit the bar -- heavy. One of the few good things about Dela-where is the bar downtown Dead Presidents. Its great, there's pictures and memorabilia of all the presidents and after a a dozen rounds I proceeded to name all 42 of them. I consider that one of my greatest accomplishments, I even got a free shot.