2.06.2006

Today with Stew #527

A post without photos is a sad one indeed. Here it is anyway. A recounting of Friday evening.

Friday (I know, I already posted for Saturday, big deal) was Sofia's last day working at NYU Law and we celebrated with some of her coworkers. Our plan was to go to V Bar, but it was way too small and crowded. I proposed we go to The Dove.

The Dove is a quiet little place Javier and I found while wandering around the village one November day looking for Plymouth gin. We found none, but settled at The Dove. They had "just run out" and that was good enough for us.

Sofia's coworkers marveled at the cuteness of it all. We had a few and most everyone split.
Sofia, Jeff and I were the only ones left. We had dinner at Swish Cafe. It was ok, I wish I had the shabu shabu. But we did play some serious games of Pigs.

On the train home I wrote two poems, one about two holy Indians and the other about a young Dr. Del Castillo I saw on the train. Sofia fell asleep.

Before arriving home we purchased a slice (more like a slab) of Chocolate Peanut Butter Bomb! from Cocoa Bar. We indulged in that while watching part of The Staircase an excellent documentary, which was recommended to us by Chris. I fell asleep.

If you are still reading, Sofia ate more of the cake. Goodnight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

. . . again. my witty comments are first on the scene. i've become to experience this blog much more as a collaborative effort, at least a one-sided one. you see, it doesn't much matter that the broseph is rarely pictured and/or rarely get's mentioned (although today was a pleasant exception) what matters is that the broseph comments, and that said comments should be perceived as a sign, not only of readership (and/or spending too much time on the internet) but more importantly, as a sign of devotion, love and warm affection. indeed, where would sofia y el machuca be w/o the broseph? . . . keep on keeping on kids . . .