4.07.2006

You Gotta Eat!

This week is Brooklyn Restaurant Week. $20 for three courses, over 150 restaurants.



















Last night we dined at Applewod. The owners are fellow members of the Park Slope Food Coop (read: Commies). So we are comrades and I wish I liked this place more. It has been highly praised by others, but unfortunately for me it didn't live up to the hype.

Positives - Good beer and wine list, bread pudding (best part of the meal!!), I was full at the end of the meal, restrooms
Negatives - Decor misses the mark, a bit cramped, no salt on the table (pretentious-major neg.), main course was completely forgotten about (I think I had fish), no music

It was good, but the high expectations make a good a worse. Know what I'm saying?

Last year we went to Blue Ribbon, which is a similar tier restaurant, and it was much, much better.

Speaking of food, the other day we were having some tacos and Sofia was giving me a hard time over my taco stuffin'.













Her basic complaint was that I try to fit too much stuff into each tortilla. She had to take pictures.













I don't see the problem. Perfect.

No comments: