8.08.2006

King of the Bongo



















Last night Manu Chao played at Celebrate Brooklyn. Most of the Celebrate Brooklyn concerts are free (or donation), but this was one of the few benefit concerts where tickets had to be purchased. Looking back now, I wish we had bought tickets. They had black tarp on all the exterior fencing (which I never saw them use before). It was pretty annoying, but Manu Chao still put on an awesome show. Everyone was rockin out, even if they couldn't see the band. I stole this photo from Brooklyn Vegan. I hope they don't mind. Go there for a much better look at how things went down inside.

Now our crappy pics:












Fueritas.













Reading before the concert.













Manu Chao came on and people started dancing.













There were tons of people outside. Too bad they screwed everybody with the tarp.













Our best shot of the show.



















The last shot was taken from atop a police barrier, like the one I am standing on here. You can't really see it, but I'm teetering on the edge of death (or at least pain).

No comments: