7.08.2006

Eating and Drinking in the Old World aka The Bavarian Pattern













This is at the Hirschgarten. It was a five minute walk from the hotel in Munich. This is was our first meal and the beginning of a pattern, the Bavarian Pattern: Beer, sausages, pretzels.













You wish Sofia, give that back to Javier.













Pick a glass and rinse it out.













Hacker-Pschorr was just one of the fine beers in Munich.



















I think this was on our second day in Munich. The fam went to a game and Sofia and I hung out somewhere else. We met up at this joint (I don't remember the name). It turned out it was also the hangout of an American and his Brazilian wife, who live in Munich. They came over and sat with us; we were at their table. They were pretty cool and also have a condo in Ft. Pierce, so maybe we will see them sometime in the future.













The schnitzle was divine. Actually during our trip I think Javier the Elder had about 10 weiner schnitzles.













Some of this is difficult, because a picture like this almost goes into World Cup Craze in the Old World. But in the end, I decided to put it in the Eating/Drinking section. If the flag were waving it would be another story.



















Another hard choice, but since the waving of the flag came on by wind, it will go in this section.













On to Prague, we had Roasted Pig Heads. Yum.













This was an important stop for me in Prague. Being an advocate, I had certain responsibilities.













We were in Prague barely two days, then down to Vienna. This was Javier and my second breakfast on the train.













Demel was tasty. I had a Cafe Pops, or what you might call an Irish Coffee.













I don't know the name of this restaurant, but it may have been our best meal. I had venison. Sofia loved her beef carpaccio.













Leti is frowning in this picture, but we know she was happy, because she had Tin Tan Margarita. TIN-TAN-MARGARITA! TIN-TAN-MARGARITA! TIN-TAN-MARGARITA!













Javier and I chose to skip the ice cream, I really regret that decision now.













Salzburg. This was part of Chris' tour. We wanted to stop at O'Malley's, but it hadn't opened yet and we were only there for a few hours. We settled with the next best thing, Shamrock.













Inside it was stinky and cavelike, as I had heard. It was also empty, we were the only ones there. The Irish bartend was very welcoming and even turned on music for us.













Sofia, again holding someone else's stein.



















Give that back. You can't really see it, but I'm also holding some meat. This was at the Aug, my favorite beer spot on the whole trip. Unfortunately we did not have a lot of time there.













Me celebrating, in one of the Aug's beerhalls. Everyone was outside, because of the perfect weather.














Back in Munich, we went to the HofbrÀuhaus for our final dinner.



















One for the road.













Ending the way we began.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey sofia, that's MY shirt! remember when i left it at your house in..what? lets say..SEVENTH GRADE.