10.20.2005

Slummin'

Now-a-days I get all my reading from the streets. There are always stoop sales going on here in Park Slope and they never sell all their books. That is when I swoop in and dig through the remains. I've found some good books this way (Lord of the Flies, A Short History of Charleston, The Night in Lisbon and the Art of Brewing Beer). Lately I have been looking for a book on the basics of upholstery. I've yet to see anything in the gutters so we tried Barnes and Noble, but they got nothin'. We had to go slumming.



















The lack of a magazine rack really brings this place down. They didn't have anything and neither did their neighbor 7th Avenue Books.

I think I am going to have to turn to stupid Amazon. They have a jillion books and this is the one I am going to order.

2 comments:

Machuca said...

Library...libraries are for ams...oh and homeless people.

Anonymous said...

. . . dude. where'd my witticism go . . . no fair.

j