9.11.2008

Thirsty Thursday #10





The Kaiser
by Avery Brewing – Boulder, CO
Style: Imperial Oktoberfest Lager
ABV: 9.37%

It’s that time of year I love: Oktoberfest. With Oktoberfest come my favorite beers: Märzens, or just Oktoberfest.

Avery’s Kaiser is an Imperial Oktoberfest, which is quite a strange duck. Overall it is well made and quite quaffable, but it just does not do it for me as an Oktoberfest beer. It’ll get you drunk (ABV: 9.37%), after one I was feelin’ it. This is what Avery has to say about its two-beers-in-one Oktoberfest:

The Kaiser once said, "Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world." If the Kaiser and his significant other had tipped this bottle, we'd all be "sprechenden Deutsch!" We took all that is good in a traditional Oktoberfest - gorgeous, deep copper sheen, massive malty backbone and spicy, floral, pungent noble hops - then intensified each into this, an Imperial Oktoberfest.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

90 minute!!!!!