8.26.2005


Since the 80s, The Brooklyn Banks have been a Mecca for skateboarders. I was introduced to them back in 1990 in Mike Vallely's part in Public Domain. Ever since then, I wanted to make a trip to skate them. Well it took me 13 years to get there. Now that we’ve lived in NYC for a couple years, I've had the chance to skate them a few times.

But alas, a year ago they were shut down by the city. Luckily, Steve Rodriquez and a few others stepped in to help out New York skaters. They were able to save a large part of the banks, actually making them more "skate-able." Tomorrow they are throwing a big hoopla down under the Brooklyn Bridge to celebrate the Banks' reopening. Sofia and I will be attending the festivities.

This is so lame, isn’t it.
































This is the banks before they were closed. I will have pictures tomorrow of the improved Brooklyn Banks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aaron & Sof
CONGRATS on your two year of marriage bliss! Love the site and love you guys! I wish I lived in NY!!!! I'm jealous! Love,
JC (not for long)
PS your new G4 is sweet!