6.21.2011

Go Skateboarding - Dawn Patrol

June 21. Summer Solstice. Longest Day of Summer. Go Skateboarding Day!



I awoke today at 5am to skate the newest skatepark in Austin. I did this for a few reasons:

1. Avoid 100+ degree heat of the afternoon/early evening
2. Avoid the mob that will take over this place in the afternoon/early evening
3. With a young family like mine, it's much easier to get yr thrashin done while everyone else is snoozin'



It was actually kind of Javier's idea. We were chatting yesterday and I sent him a video about the park. In the video they mentioned the park opened at 5am and I said "Who the hell skates at 5 am?" Then after a few more chats back and forth it was decided that was just what I was going to do.



When I arrived 5 dudes were already ripping. All around my age. At 5:45 I counted about 10 of us. I certainly was not the only one with the same idea.



The park is fun, a lot of options. Can't wait to skate it tomorrow morning. Cock-a-doodle- doo!

No comments: