5.15.2009

Thirsty Thursday #24 - LATE EDITION



Duvel
by Brouwerij Duvel Moortgat NV, Breendonk-Puurs, Belgium
Style: Belgian Strong Pale Ale / Belgian Golden Ale
ABV: 8.5%

My idea was to have Duvel, in lieu of champagne, to celebrate the birth of our first child. Duvel, how could you go wrong? Sofia asked if her parents or anyone else in attendance would enjoy it as well. I don't usually need an excuse to drink, but this was a good one. Thanks Sofi. I picked up a small bottle of it last night to test its compatibility with beer philistines.

Spicy. Bitter...no sweet...no bitter. Just good. Crisp and refreshing.

I am thinking this is a go for baby day! How much is a magnum of this?

3 comments:

Javier said...

Champagne for my real friends, real pain for my sham friends . . .

what would the Duvel version of that be? i'm in for the magnum . . . just don't pop the cork till i get there.

Unknown said...

Mami prefers the real bubbly stuff - so a small one for the great grand!
:-)

Unknown said...

I've got it!
There's this bubbly stuff made by Coppola....appropriately named "Sofia"! Mami would like that!
:-)
Cheers!