1.04.2012

Euro Beer #27: Street Life

In the fall of 2007 my wife and I traveled through Europe for 10 weeks. We ate a lot of food and drank of a lot of beer (and wine). Not enough food, not enough beer. In Paris:



Guess what? This Euro Beer entry is not about beer. It is about wine. Sort of.



Remember, when I first started this series, I said it was not necessarily ONLY be about beer, but everything we drank (and ate). Here Sofia is picking up a baguette for consumption in the park. We are gonna need some cheese and wine, right? This IS Paris.



We bought the cheese and wine from some corner store. It was Sunday and it was the only place open. FAIL. It was the worst wine we EVER had (still). So terrible. Disgusting.



But I was not gonna let that ruin my day. We corked the bottle and took a little trip to Montmartre. We saw the Basilique du Sacré-Cœur (see top photo), which Christopher Hitchens felt was dreadful. I love it.



Later I finished the bottle with some street cart croque-monsieur. It was my midnight birthday and we were starting things off right. This was still early into our trip and saving money was paramount. I want to visit Paris again and do it right (somewhat).





No comments: