7.26.2011

Euro Beer #17 - Arcadi Café

In the fall of 2007 my wife and I traveled through Europe for 10 weeks. We ate a lot of food and drank of a lot of beer (and wine). Not enough food, not enough beer. Still in Brussels:



Euro Beer #17 - Arcadi Café

Our host suggested this restaurant. Good, yet inexpensive food in the center of the city. Tourist area, but there seemed to be a lot of locals. That is my chicken and fries, decent, if not a little dry. Here the beer came in handy.



This was Sofia's quiche. So sensible Sofia.



And now the moment you've been waiting for . . . the beers. Sofia had an Affligem Blonde and I had an Orval. I win. Nothing too special here, as they are both available in the US. But they were great beers to quaff with the food.

For more euro foodage and drinkage, go here.

Arcadi Café
Rue d'Arenbergstraat, 1
Brussels



Grand Place at night.

No comments: