11.22.2010

Euro Beer #2 - The Porterhouse Brewing Co.

In fall of 2007 my wife and I traveled through Europe for 10 weeks. We ate a lot of food and drank of a lot of beer (and wine). Not enough food, not enough beer. Still in Dublin:



Euro Beer #2 - The Porterhouse Brewing Co.

You gotta eat, right? I could not just drink my way through Dublin without a little sustenance. But, the food joints better have some decent brew. Porterhouse as one of the stops I had planned after looking at BeerAdvocate.com before leaving the USA. This multi-level restaurant/bar had a cool vibe and typical brewpub décor (wooo-eee). Service was slow (get used to it). I had with an Oyster Stout. It was fantastic.



We ordered a “salad” and their classic burger. My burger came with chips and salad. It was not bad, but reminded me of middle-of-the-road American fast food. The salad Sofia ordered was very basic, pretty much the same as what came with the burger. I win.



But, damn, that oyster stout was amazing! I've had a few (from other brewers) since then and they have not lived up to that perfect briny pint.

For more euro foodage and drinkage, go here.

The Porterhouse Brewing Co.
Temple Bar
16-18 Parliament Street
Dublin

No comments: